Michael Quarles interviews Kirk Du Plessis, founder and fund manager at OptionsAlpha.com. Kirk is a father of two girls and he’s also an investment coach and options trader. Listen in for an insightful conversation on investment banking, the stock market, real estate investing, options trading, business lessons, and more. Kirk also shares his philosophy on investing.
Covered in This Episode
- 00:42 – Kirk tells us a little bit about himself.
- 03:20 – What exactly does investment banking mean?
- 05:06 – What’s the biggest misconception about the stock market world?
- 06:20 – Why did Kirk settle on the real estate and options markets?
- 09:08 – What percentage is typical for an options trade?
- 11:32 – What’s the rate of return that someone who does options trading looks for or can expect?
- 13:18 – Kirk is always of the opinion that you invest where your knowledge is comfortable.
- 16:03 – How have technology/algorithms affected the options trading business?
- 17:58 – Thank you to yellowletters.com for sponsoring episode #18.
- 18:46 – What are puts and calls?
- 19:50 – Kirk shares his philosophy on investment.
- 21:37 – Kirk believes leverage is fine but that too much leverage is a killer.
- 23:40 – There’s always a long-term game and it’s just a matter of numbers.
- 24:57 – What business lessons would Kirk like to teach his two daughters.
- 28:33 – Michael shares his thoughts after his conversation with Kirk.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – The Michael Quarles Real Estate Show
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
Please send questions you would like Michael Quarles to answer to support@MichaelQuarles.com and he will answer them on one of his upcoming podcasts!
- Yellow Letters – www.YellowLetters.com
- Want to be held Accountable to your GOALS? – Text the word WEALTH to the number 313131